Feb 19, 2006

Incentive to invent a Star Trek-like transporter

Here's a map to see probable routes of nuclear waste in your neighborhood, should Yucca Mountain actually be used. I've broken ranks with many of the environmental orgs I normally support in that I like the prospect of nuclear power ('Like' is a strong word. Let's say I prefer nuclear electricity to the seas rising, black lung, or the Middle East). I don't think that concentrating the waste in one or two spots in the country, and transporting it across a thousand miles of freeways is smart, though. Thankfully, there are many states that wouldn't be affected: Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota (and probably Hawaii and Alaska, which aren't included in the map). If you live in one of those other 45 states, I suggest you start telecommuting.

Additionally, if you're a landlord in Kansas City, Missouri, and you get a potential renter who will only pay cash month to month, wants a basement without windows, and drives a panel truck, I hope some red flags go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home