Mar 29, 2006

Considering the source, take with a grain of salt

iPods, flickr, everyone working on their indie film, even an 'Army of One'...

At what point does our individual-obsessed culture sail right over the edge, imploding in a wave of 'look at me' narcissism that clamors for attention from people too busy to turn their eyes from their own audience-seeking? Will it be when all of our friends start posting photos of their dinners online?




In Chad's defense, the watermelon was spiked.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Both the blog and Flickr started as a convenient place to archive stuff, be it rants or pictures. Things changed a bit after I realized that people were actually looking at some of it. Now they've become a way to keep in touch with people I don't get to see as often as I'd like. Plus, it'll make for some interesting reading for any kids I might have in the future, if this new-fangled internet stuff is still around.

The watermelon was too strong, so you didn't miss much. Next time we'll do vodka soaked cherries.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinner is just the start, my friend. I believe the wave will crest once I start posting a chronicle of my basic daily activities, every one of them. I won't go into too much detail now, it'll spoil the suprise,but that ought to get me some attention!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home