Dec 15, 2006

With a Bomb and a Smile

My buddy Malcontent and I were power-segueing from a critique of our new office chairs into discussion of the belief that some suicide bombers evidently take with them to their deaths; that 72 virgins are going to be waiting for them in paradise.

What we quickly figured out was that the bombers are right AND god is just.*

72 virgins? Seriously? Not only are they virgins, a demographic viewed as highly desirable only to the most silly and crass, as every two-bit comedian has pointed out since 9/11, but there are seventy-two of them. 72 morning breaths, 72 ‘why don’t we talk anymore’s, 72 ‘when are we going to get married’s, 72 ‘I really want you to meet my friends’…

And to think they enthusiastically went to their martyrdom. Enjoy your hellish fruits, boys.


* Mal’s a believer; I laughingly blaspheme in his presence almost daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home