Feb 12, 2007

Environmental spit-take

A plan to reduce the mud flowing from what's suspected to be a man-made volcano in Java centers around dropping 4,000 concrete balls into it. Go ahead, try to read this whole article without thinking the word 'ben-wa' and stifling a giggle.

My favorite line: "It will make the mud tired. We're killing the mud softly."

And, in a cameo commentary by Captain Obvious: "If the mud doesn't just whirl straight past these balls, it could work."

I predict either middling success with an unintended consequence or spectacular, jaw-dropping, concrete-ball-raining, politician-berating failure.

In other fun environmental news, orange, stinky, oily snow is falling on Siberia, but I'm sure it's a liberal chicken little plot to distract us from how well the President is handling the Middle East or something.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is "ben-wa" actually one word, or two????

ds

12:10 AM  
Blogger jim said...

Good point.

After consulting my smut dictionary, I still don't know.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now have my version of the Roberta Flack favorite going through my head...Killing Mud Softly"

12:00 PM  
Blogger jim said...

Of COURSE you know that was Robrta Flack...

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home