Feb 18, 2007

Is it good that our comedians are smarter and have more integrity than our leaders?

Bill Maher is back on HBO (which I don't have) and Salon.com did an accompanying interview (which we all have) about the show and his role as chief foot fire applier now that Democrats rent all the flats in D.C. Some tidbits:

Summation of Kerry's strategy in '04:
"Look, I'm not going to really outline how different I am from this guy, because I'm afraid there are some things about his positions you like. So I'll just trust that when you get into the voting booth you'll say, 'Well, the one guy is a retard. It's a no-brainer, I'll vote for the other guy.' "

On McCain:
I'm completely over John McCain now.... It's [his soul] been sold. I gave him a lot of latitude, because I do think he's a bright guy, and I think he's got anger, which I think is a good thing. I know that's something you could throw in his face -- "How can you be president? You're angry." -- it's about time we had someone with anger. How can you not be angry, is my question.

On Iraq:
Iraq has only been a country since what, 1932? That's seven years younger than Paul Newman. Why are these drawn-on-a-map borders worth one more American life?
I used to really enjoy Politically Incorrect and was as indignant about its cowardly cancellation as the wingnuts were about his statement which got it cancelled. Maher's one of the brighter bulbs out there - I hope his show, which he's evidently more happy with than PI, does really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home