May 4, 2007

I didn't realize this would be NNUTS2.

Whoah.

I'm not even a gaming-guy (made evident by my very use of the phrase 'gaming-guy'), but this makes my pulse race. I know a few people who will positively fall over at the thought of it.
But I can say (because this feature has been discussed) that the one thing that completely blew me away (aside from the graphics, animation, level design and new vehicles and weapons) was the ability to record a game and play it back on Xbox Live, freezing the action at any point and flying around the scene, Matrix style.

This type of capability will fit in nicely with a trend I read about awhile ago of movie theaters using their screens and size to host gaming, XBox, MMORPG, and otherwise. And think of the ramifications once people comfy with this idea talk to the young guns in movie production. Fight or battle scenes won't be choreographed so much as played out, any number of times, to find the perfect representation (4D rendering, if you will) that can then be jiggered into film-quality footage. It sends the creative mind reeling with possibilities.

Oh... and it's already been named. Machinima. This just became my NNUTS2 entry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A few years back I used to play Counter-Strike on a LAN over at a rich friend's house (we didn't even have to bring our own computers!). He used his 60" TV to display the HLTV feed, which is basically an in-game camera roaming around the level as we played. Mostly we used it to watch everyone else kill each other during breaks, but once or twice he recorded the footage and put together highlight videos to play at the next session. This sounds like it's going to be a whole lot easier, and cooler.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home