Sep 29, 2007

twitter traffic

I'm old. I don't get it. Here are some of the latest updates to Twitter as I write this post (member names edited for formatting of this blog):

colt colt =^..^= アォン
nyabaihan nyabai... =^OO^=
yochihikor yochi... =^uu^= ギ
Family House Fami... Deck Door




Ech. Anime and kitties. Regardless, Twitter's huge, being used I'm sure in much more useful ways than taking narcissism to the nth degree. Like easing our commutes, maybe?

A quick search of people using it to help each other navigate traffic every day gave two results, a defunct group/community in Oregon, and a SanFran subway group that looks like it was updated by the org that runs them, but it hasn't been updated in months. Is it just me and the two people who started those failed groups? Doesn't Twitter seem like a great solution to the fundamental issue in traffic avoidance, which is communication? Of course, everyone twittering on their phones about bad traffic could make the problem worse...

UPDATE: I done did it - I'm now a twitterer, or whatever we people are called. Not that I'll actually use it day to day; it's narcissistic enough that I have an extremely low-traffic blog. However, I was already intrigued with how Twitter can be used for traffic dodging, but after reading this article at ParisLemon this morning I'm now intrigued about how it can help me deal with a situation I was wrestling with at work only three days ago (I love those little bursts of confluence).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home