Dec 1, 2007

ninety-what?

A few months back I started listening to 93.9 'The River' a Detroit station going for middle-agers that still want to hear The Clash. The play a great variety of new and old, but almost all of it quality, even if they never stray too far from the well-known. For the last few days, though, they've SU-HUCKED! I only listen when in the kitchen or sometimes while driving, but it seemed like they were a totally different station - The Jonas Brothers?! Eugh. And some other song, "I Want to be a Rock Star'? that is really a neuvo-country scree - was that Toby Keith?! Jesus Christ on a Bike.

When I indignantly complained to my wife, who'd been out of town for a couple of days, she asked if it had been like that since the power outage that happened the day before she left.

"Yeah, probably."

"And what station is it?" she asked, glancing at the display on the radio.

"96.3"

"Don't you mean 93.9?"

Exasperated, "Yeah! Oh... Nevermind."

If I weren't such an idiot, we wouldn't have as much to laugh at.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite quote of the week:

"If I weren't such an idiot, we wouldn't have as much to laugh at."

Keep rockin' The River, J.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home