Jan 18, 2008

tl7

I had a pretty fruitful lunch hour today for finding unfamilar quotes I liked. So fruitful that I saw one, used it as the tagline to replace the Dicky Barrett quote, and then within 40 minutes saw a better one that's more applicable to this blog if for no other reason than it speaks more to its sense of wanting, and justifying, change.

However, this one was good too, though more from the generic leadership perspective of a guy who could easily have kicked your ass. At the end of WWII, when faced with the challenge of redirecting the futures of much of the globe, General Omar Bradley noted, "It is time we steered by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship." What struck me about using this quote is that while true, it gave the reader absolutely no idea where I stand, unless one came to the conclusion that I hate new-fangled things and think we should all rely heavily on astrology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home