Mar 7, 2008

Mudgie's

Holy crap - saw this in drafts - thought I'd posted about Mudgie's ages ago.

I finally got a chance to go to Mudgie's about foru or five weeks after it opened in Corktown, where Eph McNally's used to be; I'd wanted to get there since intending to go to Eph's and finding it gone and renovation on Mudgie's wrapping up. The paint-spattered owner and long-time Eph's waiter, Greg Mudge, explained that he was giving it a go with sandwiches and soups.

All I can say is, go. I've been twice now and been happily surprised both times. Eph's, though cool and a Detroit tradition, has been I feel resting on its laurels a bit - I've been to the new location on Woodward twice and have felt only fine about it each time. It's good, just not terribly interesting. Mudgie's though, is fighting for your attention and you see it in the sandwich creations and the service which is friendly and top notch. Well worth the stroll, if you work downtown, or even a drive, if you need to come in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home