May 1, 2008

Why didn't I get into advertising?

Every morning I wake up and, groggily, flip on the radio to either a local AM news station or NPR. Usually, when it's the AM radio news I get to listen to Emery King narrating a commercial or several for The Detriot Medical Center. Most people locally have heard them and the commercials typically revolve around some severe medical situation or condition where the individual is near deaths door and, after treatment at The DMC, makes a wonderful recovery and goes on the lead a productive life. The commericals usually end with "when it's important head to The DMC". The result of listening to these nuggets of joy are that they make me wonder if I'll manage to live through the day and that a better ending to the commercial would be "when it's an emergency Run to the DMC".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home