Jun 2, 2008

Tour De Doug

I've already come to terms with the idea that A) I'll never be a world class cyclist...more like sloppy, fat guy, creepy class status....especially in my cycling shorts (is there a hillbilly class in cycling) and B) since the birth of my son taking any time to ride is going to be a wonderful luxury this year. I've managed to get out 7 times for a total of 140 miles and I'm very pleased about that fact.
Yesterdays ride almost made me decide to chuck it all together and just drink beer for the season. After spending the first 3/4 of the ride trying to pedal my fat body into the wind like you'd push a mossy boulder up a steep, wet, grassy hill I made the turn home, caught a break and became as fast as...well the wind...reaching mind numbing speeds of (due to the fact that real cyclists may read this blog prevents me from revealing any actual speeds), AND THAT'S FAST! Where the hell is my yellow jersey???

1 Comments:

Blogger jim said...

Nice 'mossy' analogy, and fitting in more ways than one, I'd bet.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home