May 17, 2009

Roast

Dinner at Michael Symon's Roast in the Book Cadillac last night.  Fantastic.  It's great for couples but, really, Roast makes for a great group dining venue.  We started with mussels that had the faintest hint of dill followed by our entrees.  I had the roasted whitefish that was complimented with crab and, again, dill with a nice riesling and was very, very good.  However, Michelle had the smoked pork chop with polenta and peppers...this dish took you places.  I had visions of a grassy, flowery field on a sunny day, really.  The subtle smokey flavor followed by the succulent pork melted in your mouth like soft serve ice cream.  Dessert was a vanilla brulee for me and a cherry almond crisp with sherry ice cream for Michelle.  I think I came out on top with dessert.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home