Aug 1, 2009

The Aquatic Ape

I was happy to see one of TED's new videos was Elaine Morgan discussing the Aquatic Ape Hypothesis this morning (I often watch the laptop to get me through putting away dishes). I stumbled across her book The Aquatic Ape years ago in the library, was so amazed I read it a few times, and wondered why in the world we hadn't heard more about this. At one point I tried to find it to buy, but it was out of print. Flash forward a decade and a half or so and here she is by video explaining why she thinks we don't hear more about it, and the book is available at Amazon.

Watch the video, though. I'm no evolutionary biologist, but I know a bit about it and it seems to be a very compelling argument, even if for nothing more than to synthesize our understanding, to add a branch to the whole story, fleshing it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting. Thanks for turning me on to TED.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember you telling me about this way back in the day. I've been obsessed with the idea ever since. This book will be mine.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home